Please find all the role descriptions and guidance documents on COVID-19.
We at FoodCycle take our guests and volunteers safety extremely seriously and will be working with our projects to ensure COVID-19 safety measured are carried out, this includes:
- increased ventilation in buildings
- the wearing of face coverings (Read the policy here on face coverings)
- Increased hand washing and social distancing where possible.
As a volunteer you can also do your part to help ensure a safe and comfortable service for all volunteers and guests who attend. If you are in the Critically Vulnerable Category please read the following guidance on volunteering with FoodCycle during COVID-19 here.
Before volunteering at any of our projects please always ask yourself if you are experiencing the following:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you answer yes to any of these no matter how mild please DO NOT volunteer, and remove yourself from your session on the portal.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they're mild:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
From 16 August, you will not be required to self-isolate if you are notified you have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and any of the following apply:
- you are fully vaccinated
- you are below the age of 18 years 6 months
- you have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- you are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
More information can be found on the government website here
Volunteer Guidance Documents
Check in and Chat Service
We have volunteer opportunities that you can do in the comfort of your own home, if you are still not ready to mix with other you may not know. This is a vital service for our guests many of whom are lonely and offers a chance for them to connect with someone for a natter once a week. Find out more with the information below.
Volunteer Role Description
Volunteer Role Guidance
|Check-in and Chat Phone Volunteer|