Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
FoodCycle Peckham Saturdays
Join us at FoodCycle Peckham every Saturday afternoon to cook delicious, vegetarian meals for the local community.
We have opportunities available for people to come along and cook or to host guests.
You don’t need to have any previous cooking experience, although if you do that is just as welcome! We want as many local volunteers as possible and everyone is welcome to be a part of the team!
FoodCycle volunteers are welcoming and committed people who want to create delicious meals and lasting relationships within their community.
You’ll be supported by a FoodCycle Project Leader, who will help make sure the session goes smoothly and is there for any questions you might have, so you don’t have to be a chef to get involved!
Please only sign up to this role if you are sure you can attend. The team is deliberately small to ensure that social distancing is maintained, so if volunteers drop out at short notice we may not be able to deliver our service.
Please note that hosting volunteering is currently undertaken outside. Please ensure you bring appriopriate layers with you.
Do any of the following apply to you or someone in your household?
· have a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
· have a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
· have loss or change to my sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
If 'YES' to any of the above, please do not volunteer. Instead, follow the guidance on NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
REMEMBER DURING VOLUNTEERING WITH FOODCYCLE TO
· wash your hands more often - with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitiser when you: get home or start volunteering; blow your nose, sneeze or cough; eat or handle food
· avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
· avoid close contact with people who have symptoms
· cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
· clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and e.g. door handles, utensils
· wash your hands fully before and after each interaction, or use a hand sanitiser if this is not possible
· wear a face covering whilst volunteering. If you are medically exempt please email Becca at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss a risk assessment to keep you, other volunteers and guests safe
Log in or Register
In order to register for this session you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this session with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond the following questions in order to signup on this session: